Youth small business loans
A special focus on Youth has been made possible through a partnership with Futurpreneur Canada. If you are a young entrepreneur between the ages of 18 and 39 then you may be eligible to apply. Futurpreneur Canada loans are offered at preferential rates. OCLF processes and assesses applications for Futurpreneur Canada in the Ottawa area.
Futurpreneur Canada Loans:
- Up to $45,000 in start-up financing.
- Low Interest rates.
- Flexible 3-5 year repayment schedules.
- No principal payments in the first year.
- Mentoring available.
- Proof of identity (driver’s license, passport or similar photo identity document).
- Business plan including a two-year cash-flow projection.
- Provide two References (business or academic contacts only).
- If applicable, provide business registration document.
You are eligible to apply if:
- You are over 18 and under 40 years old.
- You are eligible to work in Canada.
- You have some training/experience related to your business idea.
- You agree to work with a mentor for the first two years of the loan term.
- You can produce a complete and viable business plan.
- You open the business in Ottawa or Eastern Ontario (with exceptions).
- The business will lead to full-time sustainable employment for yourself.
- It has been at least 5 years since your discharge if you have been bankrupt.
- Loans are approved for new businesses (less than one year) only.
- Network or multi-level marketing businesses are not eligible.
- For a partnership, the principal or general partner must meet the age criteria and all other owners under the age of 40 will also be subject to the Futurpreneur application process.
- If the business is incorporated, you must be a majority shareholder, having at least 51% of the voting shares, and be involved in the day-to-day management of the business.
- If the business is incorporated with more than two shareholders and no one person holds a majority share, the shareholders meeting the age criteria must collectively hold the majority of the voting shares and be involved in the day-to-day management of the business.
Get in touch
OCLF arranges loans to start, buy or expand your business, and professional development loans to increase your employability. We also provide workshops about starting a business and building credit in Canada through community partners for on-site delivery.