Credential Recognition Program
Credential Recognition assists in having your skills, education, and experience assessed against Canadian standards.
- Understand/explore the types of jobs/professions that match your skills, education, and work experience
- Find out if your chosen profession requires licensing in Canada – some professions or Skilled Trades are regulated meaning you must be accredited before you can work in that job
- Find out if you need more training or re-training to build your skills and talents
- Show employers what you are qualified for – be confident that your qualifications match the needs of the Canadian job market
SUPPORT AND SERVICES AVAILABLE
The Credential Recognition Program is delivered in partnership through Ottawa Community Loan Fund (OCLF), Lebanese and Arab Social Services Agency (LASSA), World Skills (WS) and Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO).
Throughout your Credential Recognition journey, you may find yourself working with several/all of these organizations as your needs change – the program is designed to allow you to take advantage of the supports when you need them.
Credential Assessment Support
- Information/orientation regarding with the Canadian credentialing process
- Sector-specific 1:1 counselling
- Trades Equivalency Assessment application support
- Career Exploration
- Job Search Workshops
- Résumé and interview coaching
Financing & Personal Financial Management Skills
- Financing (subject to terms & conditions) – access up to $30,000 in low-interest financing to assist in paying for credential assessment activities or training for a new career
- Financial Empowerment Workshops – learn about managing your money in Canada
- Clients are matched with a volunteer career mentor working in their field of choice
- Are a resident of Canada
- Are a Permanent Resident, Temporary Resident, Canadian Citizen, or Convention Refugee
- Have a post-secondary education from outside of Canada
- Are legally permitted to work in Canada
- Are seeking to have your credentials recognized, undertaking training for an alternative career, or both
- Have a language level of CLB 6+
For more information, contact us:
Get in touch
OCLF empowers people by giving them information and tools to increase economic confidence and self-reliance or to start a business. Call or email us to find out how we could help you.